Demo Site

Saturday, October 1, 2011

HARVEST MOON

Harvest Moonshine
Escondido, September 12, 2011


[right-click on images and open link in new window to enhance the size of the pictures]




















































O sähst du, voller Mondenschein,
Zum letztenmal auf meine Pein,
Den ich so manche Mitternacht
An diesem Pult herangewacht:
Dann über Büchern und Papier,
Trübsel’ger Freund, erschienst du mir!
Ach! könnt’ ich doch auf Bergeshöhn
In deinem lieben Lichte gehn,
Und Bergeshöhle mit Geistern schweben,
Auf Wiesen in deinem Dämmer weben,
Von allem Wissensqualm entladen,
In deinem Tau gesund mich baden!

Goethe, Faust I (Nacht) 386-397


[O gentle moonlight, how I wish that you
could see the end of all my misery!
How often at this desk I sat
into the depth of night and looked for you
until over these books and papers
you appeared to me, my melancholy friend.
If I could roam on mountain heights in
your dear light,
drift with hovering spirits over caverns,
weave over meadows in your twilight glow,
I would expel the smoke of learning
and be drenched to wholeness in your dew.]






























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Labels

Labels